Chassis No B346SR was completed in March of 1954, fitted with a drophead coupe body by Park Ward, built to the order of the original owner Lt Colonel Gordon Bryson Kynoch who resided in northeast Scotland. It was constructed to Park Ward Design No 99 and is one of just eighteen cars completed in this style in right hand drive on the R Type chassis, a further seven cars were produced in left hand drive. Following Lt Colonel Kynochïs ownership B346SR found its way to the United States, living in the New York area.
During its time in New York the car benefited from several improvements including a re-trim in grey leather piped blue, a new mohair hood in dark blue, woodwork restoration, chrome restoration in places, attention to the coachwork and various mechanical items. Following our purchase of B346SR and once in London we conducted a thorough examination of the car and decided upon a program of works to raise the cars condition further.
Four speed manual gearbox, 6 cylinder in-line configuration engine, 4.5 litres displacement, 4566cc capacity. Drum brakes servo-assisted.